Hello! We the admins of this group would like to take the time to list the guidelines for submitting to the folders. The proper folders, that is.
- This is pony focus group, of course. Dedicated to the two mares with the most; the Dramatic Diamond in the Rough Rarity as well as the Hammy Herald of the Night Princess Luna. While they remain our focus, variants of the characters (Nightmare, bat, country, etc.) are perfectly welcome. So long as it's still either of them, they're still the same ponies we love.
- We accept all mediums and quality of work. In fact, regardless of whether or not you are a professional with a career in art or just picking up a pencil to draw your favorite (we hope our favorite as well) pony, it is welcome with open arms here.
- We accept all styles, forms, and range of art. It doesn't have to necessarily be a picture; if you want to submit a fanfic, animation, comics, typography, cosplay, et cetera... then please do! As long as it places Rarity or Luna within the work in a noticeable manner, it's good to go! ...Em, of course, there are other folders for non-focus characters, of course. ^^'
- I'm sure all groups will say this; please try to submit to the proper folder! I (QwixLochflow) am managing the submissions, and am perfectly willing to correct the errant submission. We all mis-click (or it was the mouse's fault for being possessed. Or Spike did it. <.<) and I understand. But if I notice there's a recurring problem with mis-submissions from anypony specific, then I will send you a note asking you to please use your eyes correctly. Which brings me to rule 5...
- If you either can't decide what folder to submit yours to or think there's no folder for your work, then please send QwixLochflow or Akumu2200 a note or leave a comment and link on the main Lunarity page about your potential submission! We will work with you to ensure there's a home for it; make a new folder, point you in the right direction, and such!
- There is a Mature folder for a reason. Different people have different sensibilities, and we wish to respect that. But sometimes a normally mature element subdued and out of focus can add to a composition's atmosphere. So we are establishing a "threshold" for mature themes that will indicate what will always go in the Mature folder and what may pass under the radar.
Again, I (Qwix) am managing the submissions for the most part; if you need to contact either admin for questions about the group, submissions, or anything else, I am far more likely to answer quicker. Spirit! That's what matter's the most! It isn't a guideline, but personally from I to you, put your spirit into your work! Even if you think no one may like it, merely acting on your imagination makes you a better artist! And if you keep taking only small steps towards perfecting your skills, remember that even pennies have their worth. Enough of them make your soul a rich one! CANTERLOCK! IS! THE BEST! THING! EVAAAAAAAR! *ahem* As i'twere. Just for there to be a round 10 rules, this is a rule. Er. Ruler, that is. Luna demands there be cake and muffins for all. That is the royal rule now.
- Sexual themes. A lustful glance or flirty quip isn't that harmful, so your mileage may vary. Ponies making out, ponies "displaying" themselves, and some depictions of shipping may fall in there, depending on the individual submission. Send a note to an admin if you are wondering. We will decide if it's within the boundaries or not if you can't decide.
- Nudity. Nudity has its own gradations similar to sexual themes, seeing as how they go hand in hand. If there is exposed genitalia, then it goes in Mature, no contest. I know all ponies are naked as default (this heading is more applicable to Anthro art), but realistically portraying that humanizes them.
- Blood. Again, mileage may vary. We believe in emotional expression within art and blood can help establish that, but it does disturb some people even in the smallest amounts. Which means anything even close to resembling gore is auto goes in the Mature folder.
- Death. If a pony is dead and we can clearly see it, then BAM! it goes in the Mature folder. No gradations on this one, besides perhaps undead ponies of many colors. It depends on the exact depiction. If you think something undead can be placed in another folder besides the Mature folder, then we ask you notify either admin first.
- Drug and Alcohol references. The show itself does sneak a surprisingly large amount of crap past the radar; if they can do it, so can you. Not that we're necessarily encouraging that sort of thing, but we won't bite for there being small references here and there. But like the death threshold, if we can clearly see the pony is drunk or high (on whatever), then it goes in the Mature folder.